Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Deck the Halls!




I was hoping to put up Christmas decorations this week. Before we do that we need to get the boxes out of the closet under the stairs. To get to the boxes we need to clean up the downstairs. Before we do that we need move the freezer currently in the middle of the basement (given to us- thanks!) and to clean the laundry room to clear a spot for it. In order to clean the laundry room I need to move the unassembled bunk bed. In order to put up the bunk bed we need to finish painting Abby's room. To finish painting Abby's room I need to move the dresser/desk/bed out and that involves clearing the boxes in the hallway upstairs. Those are full of photos that need to be scrapbooked. Someday.

So, enjoy these photos of some of our Christmas decorations from last year. I let the kids help. I think you will agree not everyone's nativity has a TRex in it. That would account for Mary always appearing so suprised all the time.

On a positive note: the hole in the ceiling drywall is FIXED! New wall/ceiling PAINTED! CURTAINS UP! and PIANO BACK against the wall where it belongs! Hurray! If you need a handyman Nick is your guy! (as long as you have a month or six to spare)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

this is too funny!!! Thankfully, your mother loves to decorate and I don't enjoy it...so I get to see it all with no effort on my part.

Sarah said...

Well, I guess including dinosaurs is one way to get your kids interested in the nativity story.
:P