Thursday, March 12, 2009

Elves and the Shoemaker Preschool Storytime

No photos for this one- sorry!

We read Elves and the Shoemaker. I had several different versions and we looked at the photos of each and talked about which elves we liked better.

We talked (briefly!) about the Brothers Grimm and their stories

I had a basket of different kinds of shoes (slippers, cowboy boots, tennis shoes, cleats, baby shoes, flippers)- we talked about why we wear shoes and then did a matching game.

We used our sewing skills to put fruit loops on string. (I had an actually little sewing project I got at the Michael's dollar section but I couldn't get it done with their short attention span and my baby needing held. Would be better as a one on one activity. Or when you are no holding a squirmy baby)

Could also do a shoe lacing activity or a shoe polishing activity

No comments: