Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Vegan New Year Day 2 Chilistrone Soup

Ok, I tried this soup I found on the interwebs by googling 'vegan' and 'crock pot'. Then I didn't end up using a crock pot. You had to cook everything ahead of time anyway so I didn't see the benefit of dirtying a different pan.

They called it 'chilistrone' but my way was not too spicy at all. Also the liquid all absorbed into the noodles so it was more like a pasta dish than a soup. I didn't have all the spices individually so added Italian Seasoning and Garam Masala and called it good. The older kids ate it with motzarella cheese added and said it was good. The little ones wouldn't touch it.

The original recipe can be found HERE

Chilistrone Soup
2 cups dry macaroni cooked and drained
saute the veg in olive oil
onion
carrot
potato
green beans
add 1 tsp Italian seasoning
add 1 tsp Garam Masala
add jar of spaghetti sauce
add 1/2 jar water
add kidney beans
add a can of corn because it is sitting on the counter right there anyway
add pasta
cook about 10 minutes or more if you want to simmer the liquid away

It makes TONS. That is good or bad depending how much your family likes it

No comments: