Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Our kitties

We went to South Mountain Creamery to feed the baby calves and get icecream. It is a good outing but the baby calves made me sad in their little cages. The kids loved it though and the ice cream is fantastic- try the coconut. There was a "Free Kittens" sign posted with 2 little orange kitties (a brother and a sister) and we told them we'd like to 'look at them.' The lady came down in her little golf cart with a very wiggly tote bag. These kittys were so cute we fell in love. I have never been a pet person, I really do hate dogs and cats (other people's cats, I guess) but these kitties are fun and add a lot to our house. Nick was at scout camp and I couldn't reach him on the phone so I just made an executive decision and we took them home. They are named Mandy (the girl, white nose and lighter) and Dipper (brown nose, more bold stripes) So far these 'free' cats have cost me over $1000 at the vet for shots and meds to try to cure Dipper's sneezing.

No comments: