Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Battle of the wills



You know how in a marriage you kind of get into a groove about some things are your job and some things are your husband's job and you both pitch in when necessary and somehow it all gets done?

Then maybe there are one or two things that doesn't fall into either category and everyone just ignores until someone gets sick of it all and just does it in a big rage of 'why is this my job all of a sudden but I can't stand it anymore'. Maybe it is taking out the trash. Maybe it is cleaning the bathtub, Maybe it is this mess I've been stepping over on my way in and out of the house for the past 3 days.



We carved our pumpkins way too early this year.

Off to find the snow shovel...

4 comments:

Stepi said...

This happens to us every stinkin' year too!! Do you get all the little flying gnats as well?

I just read a friends post about spouses "taking turns" with crap like this. Her examples: one daughter came and threw up in the middle of the night, she cleaned it up. Two nights later, a daughter peed in THEIR bed. She stayed asleep sorta, while He cleaned it up! Parenthood is so great!!

Emily said...

Ha! I did not clean it up- Nick did it last night. Yay for him!

Emily said...

Yes, I had to walk through the swarm of gnats to go in or out of the house. Better hope you don't have your mouth open!

LBBlum said...

We didn't even buy a pumpkin this year! Actually- since we've moved here.. there is no pumpkin patch! and it just doesn't seem right to just buy it at the grocery store.. I want to goto the PUMPKIN patch and pick out my PUMPKIN and go through a HAY MAZE and eat APPLE FRITTERS and drink HOT CIDER!

But I guess... there are some sacrifices to living in perpetual summer..
I know- don't you feel so sorry for me?