Friday, November 7, 2008

Is Halloween Here?

We had trunk or treating last Thursday, then trick or treating on Friday. Saturday evening my toddler asked to go trick or treating again. And then Sunday when we pulled into the church parking lot he asked "Is Halloween Here?" like there are some places around town that are eternally Halloween.

While trick or treating at each house he would ask "Is Halloween Here?: when we were determining which houses to knock at. I heard him talking to himself "Is Halloween Here? Oops, no light on".

He has his candy in one of those plastic pumpkins. I had put it up and finally he spotted it on top of the bookcase and asked me to get it down. When I did he stuck his head right in and said "I've been looking for you!"

I have enjoyed watching him with his candy- some of the things he recognizes of course (m&m's, snickers) but some he doesn't. He is genuinely surprised when we open the wrapper and usually comments "this one is chocolate!" and "is this yummy?" If he doesn't like it I usually find it spit out or stuck to something.

1 comment:

Stepi said...

How cute is He? It is so fun to see them learn and put things together and other times they just don't quite get it.

It rained last weekend and Sasha was so excitted and kept asking if "winter was here?". Now it is not raining and she keeps asking if it is still winter, or if winter is over. Seasons are something that are hard to explain.

We need to get this blog listed on wildmtn if you want, so we know when you've posted.